Former Colliery Sites on the Air – frequently asked questions.
- Can I operate other Amateur Radio bands and other modes from a Former Colliery site? – Yes, you need to use 2m FM and monitor 2m FM – but you can use other bands and modes.
- Do I have to be on the site to active it? – No, as long as you are within 1km of the site, we recognize that you can’t always get safe access to a site.
- Do I have to register to activate a site? – No, but it does help too.
- Do I have to log contacts? again No it’s only if you which to.
- What counts as a former colliery site? – Any former site where Coal mining or working has taken place, such as Deep Mining, Drift Mines, Open Cast, other coal working such as coking plants.